Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (JMSB)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, MBA AND GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (P5533)
Deadline: April 18, 2019
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent provides direction in the administration and delivery of the JMSB MBA & Graduate Programs in Business Administration. He/she leads the work unit and is responsible for implementing strategies for the programs.
- Direct the daily operations of the administrative services of the MBA & Graduate Programs in Business Administration and ensure that the office runs effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in developing marketing activities for the programs and provide input on content and design of promotional materials in cooperation with the Graduate Recruitment Office; participate in the development and coordination of the marketing for new graduate level programs.
- Supervise and manage the workload of administrative staff to meet the needs of the department.
- Monitor and estimate projected enrollment for the programs; present recommendations and advise the Director on discrepancies or irregularities.
- Oversee the admissions process for Independent, Visiting Exchange and INTU (interuniversity) students; receive and review documentation.
- Supervise the course and exams scheduling and room bookings for the MBA and Graduate Programs in Business Administration.
- Advise, register and counsel students; ensure that students are properly informed about proper procedures and policies; evaluate and approve/deny student requests, making sure that proper procedures and policies are followed.
- Advise students experiencing academic difficulty by reviewing their status, presenting options and counseling them.
- Conduct external benchmarking to support the continuous improvement and strategic development of the programs.
- Statistical reporting and analysis/develop, track and analyze metrics (data tracking) to help anticipate future needs of the programs.
- Plan and participate in student orientation sessions and develop student orientation material and resources.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the MBA, Independent, Visiting Exchange and INTU programs.
- Organize and participate in town hall meetings, information sessions and graduation events; provide support to student groups and associations.
- Coordinate and participate in program committee meetings and liaise with Program Committee members and department personnel.
- Plan, prepare and manage programs’ budget.
- Evaluates implications of exceptions to established policies and recommends sustainable resolutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant and four to seven years of related experience, including at least four years of supervisory and managerial experience.
- Experience working in an academic setting or a unionized environment desirable.
- Knowledge of Student Information System (SIS) is an asset.
- Strong planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to write correspondence with a high degree of ease and control; Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word and Excel, basic knowledge of Access and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated expertise in providing customer service to high profile, high-achieving adult learners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals of diverse backgrounds (international, multicultural clientele).
- Team player with proven skills as a team builder.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours during peak periods.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE534-51A and that the associated salary range is $ 80,563.00 to $93,473.00 per annum.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 18, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities