Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMINISTRATOR, FOOD SERVICES SUSTAINABILITY AND QUALITY (C1902)
Deadline: April 18, 2019
This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until December 23, 2021.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Hospitality Concordia, the incumbent oversees the management and overall day-to-day operation of the Food Services Provider (FSP) on campus. He/She researches, develops, and implements sustainable food purchasing best practices as well as develops and promotes constructive and collaborative relationships with the different food-related key players. Responsible for overseeing the quality of the Food Services operations and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and promote constructive and collaborative relationships with contracted food service providers, internal departments & services units, local food suppliers, other Universities, sustainable food system organizations, student dining operations, on-campus food initiatives and follow market trends.
- Perform site visits to the dining halls, kitchens and retail locations on both campuses to assess: the quality of the food, offering, presentation and labelling, employees respecting the MAPAQ food hygiene & safety rules; and assets are maintained to high standards of cleanliness and in good working condition.
- Solve and find immediate solutions to address any issues pertaining to the daily operations of Food Services to ensure that service standards, contractual obligations and client needs are met.
- Maintain solid working relationships with internal stakeholders, and external food-related agencies, University food-related associations and counterparts as well as internal and external suppliers for all projects to ensure time cost-efficient deliverables.
- Participate in the development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of the University’s Sustainable Food System Plan.
- Build strong relationships with local producers and suppliers to facilitate increased sourcing of local, sustainable food.
- Coordinate and oversee the repairs, maintenance, purchase and the implementation of new equipment through the use of Internal and external supplier; obtain quotes and ensure timely and efficient work.
- Develop and maintains an annual operating budget and financial projections in collaboration with the Associate Director; analyze operations and makes recommendations where services and operations need modification including food programs, customer service, inventories, facilities, etc.
- Monitor inventories of equipment and track all associated expenditures; monitor the repairs and usage, analyze the costs and make recommendations for new purchases.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Food Provider and in monthly Residence Life Food Service meeting; track tasks and follow up performance to ensure improvement in quality and satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in restaurant and hospitality management, institutional food service management, and relevant field and four (4) to seven (7) years of experience in the food service industry.
- Working experience in an academic environment is desirable.
- Experience overseeing food providers, agreements and operations in similar-sized institutions.
- Familiarity with University structure is an asset
- Knowledge in current food services management, sustainable practices, local procurements, healthy and nutritional foods, and in food industry best practices, benchmarking and dining trends.
- Experience in track record of food purchasing & sourcing; sustainable & seasonal food practices; in developing partnerships and working with a diversity of stakeholders such as students, staff, faculty members, external partners (NGOs, farmers, governments, etc.).
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- A strategic and analytical thinker who anticipates future consequences and trends, and prepares accordingly.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
$70,988.18 - $84,798.44 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 18, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities