Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
VICE-PROVOST DIGITAL STRATEGY AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
PROJECT MANAGER, DIGITAL STRATEGY (C1898)
Deadline: April 16, 2019
This represents a full-time one (1) year contract.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Strategy, the incumbent will oversee the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned digital strategy projects. Two main projects being Digital Capabilities (which will provide students, faculty, and staff with an opportunity to adopt a practice of continual digital capabilities development as part of a well-rounded lifelong learning pursuit) and Orientation (to develop an integrated and streamlined approach to orienting newcomers (students, faculty, staff) and those in new roles to Concordia in line with their responsibilities.). For more information: http://www.concordia.ca/next-gen/digital-strategy/projects/digital-capabilities.html and http://www.concordia.ca/next-gen/digital-strategy/projects/orientation.html
- Manage operational projects from the pre-implementation, implementation and post-implementation phases while respecting timelines and budgets.
- Ensure project deliverables are complete, accurate and distributed to all relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate work of implementation and core teams to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Organize meetings with implementation and core teams and track issues list and action items and conduct quality assurance on completed tasks.
- Chart progress and prepares status reports of projects.
- Manage project budget.
- Participate in the implementation of formal programs that improve project management procedures, best practices and skills (partnership programs, improved PM procedures, data and cost benches, quality programs, etc).
- Deliver reports on project performance and manage project risks and inform proactively of any risks.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Director, Digital Strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in either human resource management, educational technologies, or in a field related to the primary responsibilities with 4-7 years of related work experience in managing projects.
- Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMP), an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Formal training with project management techniques and tools (PMP, Prince2, Agile).
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, conflict management and change management.
- Working knowledge of collaboration platforms such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Trello.
- Strong communications, leadership, critical-thinking, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Highly adept at planning (short and long terms) and organizing.
- Team player.
$79,198.00- $91,892.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 16, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities