Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATIVE AND TRAINING SERVICES (C1909)
Deadline: April 15, 2019
This represents a full-time indeterminate contract.
Reporting to the AVP Information Systems and Chief Information Officer (CIO), the incumbent directs the implementation of policy and procedures relating to the Finance and Human Resources functions. He/she serves as a primary contact for all administrative and personnel issues and procedures for departments reporting to the AVP & CIO.
- Direct the preparation and administration of the IT budget.
- Hire, train, assess needs and plan staff’s professional development.
- Direct the implementation of policy and procedures relating to the Finance, Procurement and Human Resources functions for University-wide information technology services.
- Plan, organize and manage overall administration services including purchasing, physical environment, and travel coordination.
- Manage an extensive HR portfolio which includes dealing with issues such as: payroll, employment and employee relations proceedings, including administering of collective agreements.
- Plan, organize, assign, direct, review and evaluate the activities of the Administrative Affairs groups.
- Participate in the review and approval of all investment decisions.
- Prepare, administer and report on operating and capital budgets to the AVP & CIO; establish reporting methods, supervise their maintenance and report preparation.
- Manage and track all supplier contracts and support the IITS directors in the annual renewal process.
- Supervise the switchboard department and training services unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and seven to ten years of directly related experience, of which at least five years working in an upper level administrative role.
- Leadership experience; ability to manage a team effectively to foster a healthy, collaborative environment and inspire team members to become team leaders.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working within committees and group environments.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate planning process, direct and manage projects within established parameters.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French; ability to communicate technical specifications and descriptions.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Access.
- Superior interpersonal skills with a strong client-service orientation.
- Proven planning and organizing skills and result-orientation and diligent attention to detail.
- Strong team building ability.
$92,376.00- $107,184.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 15, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities