Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, SUPPORT SECTIONS (C5527)
Deadline: April 15, 2019
This posting represents a full-time, five-year contractual position.
Reporting directly to the Director of Security, the incumbent will coordinate the management of the various operational support activities of the unit. He/she will assist the Director with the administration of policies and procedures on campus including planning, personnel development and administration of security support sections.
- Manage the security support sections and report to the Security Director.
- Provide support and overall management of logistical resources for emergency response operations at the University.
- Identify and evaluate potential risks, including those associated with both ongoing security projects, special events, on both campuses and implements measures to manage the risk.
- Assist Director for special projects budget preparation, coordination or follow-up and tender offers.
- Prepare and submit departmental quarterly reports and activities dashboard to evaluate Security Support Sectors performance.
- Implement corrective and preventative actions and develop procedures for the enforcement of University policies, laws and regulations.
- Recommend work tools and protocols related to security functions as well as unit performance improvements and improvement strategies to the Director.
- Supervise the writing, updates and implementation of Security Standard Operating Procedures and directives.
- Assist and direct operational teams in security coverage’s during special events on campus, as required.
- Participate in elaboration and presents recommendations to the Director in regards to security Strategic planning.
- Structure, develop and follow up on security training activities in collaboration with operations sections.
- Represent the Security department in regards to University procedures and policies’ work committees, as required.
- In the absence of the Director, may be asked to sit on various committees or to act as Interim Director with the Assistant Director (Operations).
- Undertake other tasks, as required by the Director of Security such as Risk Survey, Counter-measures Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the primary responsibilities and/or graduate from a recognized Canadian police academy and over seven (7) years of experience, with five (5) years of supervisory experience, at a superior level, in the security or police fields, including assessing risks, and developing and implementing risk management and avoidance plans.
- Formal training in modern management practices, including leading, coaching, supervising employees, writing security policies and procedures, and scheduling security for multiple events and activities.
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; advanced knowledge of specialized security systems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English to communicate fluently, persuasively and with sensitivity, with internal and external clients and stakeholders; Basic knowledge (Level 3) written and spoken French ability to respond in person, by telephone, and in writing to technical questions.
- In-depth knowledge of security equipment, such as card access, alarm and CCTV systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
$85,532.00 –$99,244.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 15, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities