Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ENROLMENT SERVICES, ADMISSIONS OFFICE
ADMISSIONS OFFICER -CEGEP (P4764)
Deadline: April 9, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Undergraduate Admissions, the incumbent evaluates applications for undergraduate admission particularly those of CEGEP students. He/she acts as an advisor and resource person for students, faculty, staff, external bodies and organizations for matters relating to CEGEP admissions according to the standards and procedures defined by the university.
- Review and adjudicate CEGEP applications for admission to the university’s undergraduate programs and provide prompt and appropriate responses.
- Provide information to current, former and prospective students and other university stakeholders on university policies, practices and procedures as it relates to undergraduate admissions with a particular focus on CEGEP students.
- Monitor the CEGEP Automated Processing System; report and identify issues as well as contribute to finding efficiencies and improvements in the process.
- Maintain liaison with internal stakeholders (e.g. departments, service units) and external stakeholders (e.g. CEGEPS, professional organizations).
- Assist with the adjudication of student applications for admission to the university’s undergraduate programs and apply relevant policies, practices and procedures to the admissions processes.
- Participate in recruitment activities designed to attract potential students, including Open House and recruitment activities in CEGEPs and some local High Schools.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two to four years of related work experience in an academic setting.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students and to draft correspondence and documentation. Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment, desirable.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s undergraduate admissions requirements, academic regulations, policies and procedures as well as Canadian and international educational systems an asset.
- Experience in making effective decisions and dealing well with ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high volume area and to respond to change.
- Proven experience working in a fast paced, high pressure team environment.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work extended hours outside normal operating hours.
$60,610.55 – $72,396.19 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 9, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities