Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT (C4683)
Deadline: April 16, 2019
This represents a full-time indeterminate contract.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Procurement Services, the incumbent leads the strategic sourcing activities of the university and manages the daily operations of the Procurement Services department. He/she continuously evaluates practices and makes improvements that are compliant with applicable legislation and maximize the University’s financial and human resources, providing high quality procurement services to the university community.
- Supervise, mentor, support and provide direction to Buyers, Assistant Buyers, Expeditor, Data Entry Clerk, P-card coordinator and other staff, as required by the Senior Director.
- Develop and implement systematic methodology and processes to ensure compliance with government procurement laws and regulations, including loi sur les contrats des organismes publics (LCOP); monitor compliance.
- Identify and implement process improvements for a more effective, efficient and streamlined end-to-end procurement process, improving the end user experience, maximizing the use of electronic tools.
- Develop and implement training and communication methodology to help end users better understand procurement policies and processes.
- Develop and implement methodology to ensure procurement policy compliance.
- Develop and implement methodology and reports to manage strategic sourcing and analyze spend across the University. Identify opportunities to aggregate procurement needs across the organization; work closely with end users and Senior Buyers to identify master contract opportunities.
- Support a culture of Procurement Services staff as trusted advisors to university end users, offering excellent proactive, timely and solutions oriented services.
- Change manage the implementation of the new FIS system in Procurement, maximizing the capabilities of the new system for improved and simplified processes.
- Review and work with Legal Services and other stakeholders to simplify procurement tools, forms and templates.
- Implement process improvements identified through internal and external audits.
- Implement and track procurement process Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or other related discipline and over seven years of related experience in procurement.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Professional Public Buyer (C.P.P.B) or other Procurement certification desirable.
- Experience in a university setting and in a public sector organization are assets.
- Demonstrated supervisory and managerial skills.
- Excellent project management and business skills.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to compile and analyze data and prepare complex documents and reports.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, business acumen, and ability to innovate.
- Strong demonstration of customer service and client oriented approach.
- Superior problem solving, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to achieve results in a high volume area.
- Highly developed interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
- Ability to articulate strategies to various stakeholders.
$92,376.00- $107,184.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 16, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities