Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
ANALYST, HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION SYSTEM (C4685)
Deadline: June 17, 2019
This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until December 21, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), the incumbent is responsible for analyzing and meeting user needs through an expert knowledge of systems capabilities and constraints. He/she is also responsible for desktop programming, user training and assists in the design, implementation and monitoring of new applications.
- Identify and define system issues and provide analysis of options and constraints; monitor the operation of HRIS on a daily basis to assure the highest level of service and utility.
- Develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with HR staff, IITS network personnel while providing automation support to HR staff regarding hardware and software installations and operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Office of the Provost and university Communications Services personnel to ensure collaborative support of HRIS systems.
- Assist Human Resources in providing auditors, government, actuaries, and/or external groups by providing HR data upon request.
- Gather information and recommend solutions to improve procedures and/or minimize manual efforts, including duplication of efforts; design, implement and test approved and improved solutions, while identifying gaps, risks, constraints and adhering to quality assurance.
- Document systems for the new solutions and provide training and user manuals as needed.
- Analyze Unit needs and long term requirements and provide technical input for the evaluation of HRIS modifications; maintain technical currency to analyze and test new applications.
- Develop and maintain HR Department web pages and forms.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions to improve systems and procedures as well as HR employee capability; implement approved solutions; develop metrics and reports trends to Manager on system utilization and capability.
- Ensure the HRIS security access features for the Concordia community; ensure proper interface procedures are in place with other systems, internal and external.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or any related field and four to seven years of work related experience developing solutions to complex problems in an HRIS environment.
- Experience in handling day to day technical duties in a complex systems environment requiring interfaces and security issues.
- Experience in supporting HRIS systems.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Access (to join tables and create cross-tab queries), of Excel (to analyse data) and of Word (to create and maintain documentation). Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and Crystal Reports.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English and of spoken French in order to give and understand complex explanations, hypothetical questions, or abstract ideas. Knowledge of written French an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work under pressure.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service; proven skills in client relationship management.
- Good problem solving and process management skills.
- Strong Analytical and Functional requirement documentation skills.
$66,712.00 - $77,403.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 17, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities