Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STRATEGIC PLANNING, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
COORDINATOR, MOVABLE ASSET (P5851)
Deadline: April 5, 2019
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Planning, the incumbent provides service regarding repair and replacement of movable assets including inventory, selection of products, preparation of documents for procurement, supervising on-site deliveries and sustainable disposal. He/she coordinates the movable asset portfolio, ensures services are maintained, reupholstering/installation timelines are respected and moveable assets maintained in good condition
- Prepare and maintain a thorough inventory and evaluate condition of movable assets.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding planned replacements and coordinate replacement activities
- Prepare purchase documents, including tender packages for large-scale orders, in coordination with purchasing and legal services. Ensure tender documents are complete, accurate and in conformity with University standards.
- Coordinate and oversee work during on-site deliveries and disposals to ensure conformity with requirements and specifications.
- Prepare furniture plans of existing and proposed layouts.
- Prepare reupholstering/replacement lists and associated estimates, establish investment priorities, and prepare budget requests.
- Prepare progress and status reports of movable asset portfolio.
- Research new products, make recommendations, and participate in establishing design/product standards.
- Evaluate effectiveness of suppliers.
- Undertake other tasks as required or assigned by the Director of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 years technical DEC) in interior design or in a relevant discipline and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Experience with institutional-educational projects desirable.
- Experience of proficiently coordinating projects while maintaining quality services.
- Knowledge and experience of CAD essentials (AutoCAD, Rivet, Sketchup), latest version.
- Working experience with building database (ex: Archidata, Oracle, Coba) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe master suite for presentation (Photoshop, Illustrator) is an asset.
- Basic knowledge Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate with clients and suppliers, and to respond with sensitivity to queries.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Customer orientation with ability to anticipate potential problems and address them proactively.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and ensure meticulous attention to detail.
$28.76 to $34.63 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 5, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities