Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST FINANCIAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (C1897)
Deadline: April 5, 2019
This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until December 31, 2021.
Concordia is seeking a dynamic Senior Business Analyst to assist in their implementation of a newly purchased FIS system. Reporting to the Project Manager, Financial Information System, the incumbent plays a key role in the requirements management process and testing activities. He/she conducts workshops with Stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, and document the business strengths and weaknesses to identify opportunities and ways of optimizing business processes.
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements. Conduct workshops with users and prioritize the detailed requirements from all stakeholders.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Analyze end user and business unit needs, document business requirements, recommend solutions and best practices required to implement and support the business.
- Analyze and understand business operations’ strengths and weaknesses to identify opportunities and ways to optimize business processes and activities through automation.
- Create and maintain business process maps related to new processes/features or changes to existing features/processes.
- Translate business requirements into a conceptual system design (including but not limited to business requirements document high-level use cases; work closely with Project Manager & Change Manager).
- Participate in building and reviewing test strategy, executing of test plans, test cases, consolidation and reporting of test results to ensure requirements are met; support QA and testing team; review defects and work with client to determine the priority of fix and/or manual work around.
- Work closely with the user community to analyze new features and functionalities and recommend a deployment approach to ensure it is in line with the objectives set forward by the HRIS/FIS steering committee.
- Anticipate issues and risks in plans and requirements and work in collaboration with the Project team to mitigate and resolve them.
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of proposed solution and to assist in implementing new business process solutions. Contribute to the preparation of communication plans between clients/stakeholder from project inception to final implementation.
- Support user training and assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Strong analytical and functional requirement documentation skills.
- Experience in implementation of ERP systems. Previous experience with Concur and/or Ariba implementation an asset.
- Business process modeling experience.
- Experience with Visio or similar software.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and clarify business needs formulated by stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to organize, work effectively and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability as a Business Process improvement specialist.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both member of a team and independently.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to provide complex information, clear explanations and documentation to end-users. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
$72,380 - $83,981 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 5, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities