Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT ACCOUNTS AND UNIVERSITY CASHIER’S OFFICE (SAO)
CLERK, GENERAL ACCOUNTS (C5546)
Deadline: March 29, 2019
This posting represent a temporary nine (9) months contract position.
Reporting Manager, Student Accounts and functionally Team Lead, Student Accounts, the incumbent performs general account tasks, issues tuition (tax) receipts and is responsible for the tuition waiver reporting processes. He/she is responsible for the collection of past due accounts, makes arrangements of payments for these accounts and responds to inquiries from students.
- Assess fees and fee adjustments for Graduate student accounts and process applicable retroactive and current adjustments to these accounts.
- Provide service to students by advising and directing them to the appropriate service department.
- Provide information and services related to students’ accounts by answering account inquiries.
- Research and verify account and banking transactions and student account balances.
- Establish (negotiate) acceptable payment agreements (within published deadlines) with students who have medium to large delinquent accounts and prepare & sign the legal “Special Payment Agreement” contract.
- Perform general accounting tasks as required.
- Provide administrative assistance, including filing, scanning, faxing, composing correspondences, data entry, preparing mail, and ordering supplies.
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in Accounting, Commerce or other related field, and two to four years of relevant work experience in processing financial transactions, with at least one year of experience performing accounting functions. Experience working with the public highly desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English and French in order to give detailed information and explanations. Good knowledge (Level 4) of written English in order to write correspondence or other texts in which detailed facts and reasons must be presented. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French in order to write routine reports.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to write letters, format reports and input tables into documents) and good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel (to perform mathematical and financial calculations).
- Knowledge of online and web-based systems such as a Student Information System, Student Information Management System, Financial Information System (Banner) is essential.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-service oriented.
$23.12 to $27.50 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 29, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities