Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FACILITIES KEEPER (P5857-P5859)
Deadline: March 28, 2019
This posting represents two full-time positions: 38.75 hours of work per week (5-day workweek from 6:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.).
Reporting to the Property and Operations Manager, the incumbent provides non-certified building services and preventative and corrective maintenance to support University activities, client requests, events and to prolong the integrity of exterior grounds, internal areas, architectural and mechanical systems, features and equipment. He/she provides first response and coordinates corrective actions to support business continuity, responds to client requests for non-certified trade services and ensures standards related to curbside appeal and general presence of our facilities are well kept.
- Maintain landscaping and grounds in good condition (includes, but is not limited to, grass, trees, flowerbeds, gardens and ponds) using various motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Clear the snow from the grounds, roads and surface areas using various motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Perform general installations of furnishes, fixtures and building accessories.
- Maintain and repair roads, parking lots, walkways and storm drains.
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to doors, moldings, glass, and acoustic tiles on fixed and suspended ceilings.
- Perform minor plumbing duties (clogged toilets and sinks) and perform adjustments to water services and fixtures.
- Change lights, various filters assemble and set-up small furniture.
- Perform light cleaning of exterior surfaces and interior and exterior of glass.
- Assess work requirements; request and create work orders and follow-up on work orders pertaining to corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Inspect equipment, physical environments (classrooms, mechanical rooms, public areas) and buildings with the various trades to identify preventative and corrective actions required; create lists and collect and enter data into the computerized maintenance system and into others programs as required (Excel, Word).
- Plan and communicate service interruptions to appropriate parties.
- Assist in inventory maintenance for the various trades.
- Perform general office work and other tasks as required by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma (DSS) and at least five to seven years of related work experience.
- Vocational training and qualification act or equivalency in relevant service or discipline, including horticulture, landscaping, architectural electrical or mechanical certifications or experience is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge of CMMS Maximo is an asset.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English and spoken French.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Will require enrollment in the University’s Hearing Conservation Program.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, up to 23 kg (50lbs) and with assistance, up to 45kg (100lbs)).
$23.43 per hour
SYNDICAT DES MÉTALLOS -SECTION LOCALE 9599 (LOY)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 28, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities