Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTITUTE FOR CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION
COORDINATOR, MENTORSHIP AND VOLUNTEER (P1953)
Deadline: March 22, 2019
Reporting to the Associate Director, the incumbent coordinates and oversees the Institute’s mentorship program, creates opportunities for meaningful learning experiences for student volunteers He/she oversees a team of student volunteers, and engages co-op alumni in service of the Institute’s operational and strategic needs.
- Coordinate the Institute’s mentorship programs; design and evaluate to ensure alignment with strategic direction of the Institute.
- Implement and coordinate the mentorship program operations, communicating with and training students, providing learning opportunities, monitoring mentor-mentee relationships and following up where required.
- Coordinate and engage a team of student volunteers in support of the mentorship program, Institute for Co-operative Education (ICE) events, and other operational needs. Work closely with event planners, Student Learning & Professional Development (SLPD) staff, and coordinators to ensure adequate training and preparation for volunteers.
- Ensure ongoing process improvement of the mentorship, volunteer, and student employment activities of the Institute.
- Develop and implement alumni engagement approaches in service of supporting ICE strategic and operational goals.
- Coordinate with staff and management to develop meaningful learning experiences for volunteers in service of the Institute’s operational needs.
- Work with Institute staff members to promote student engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate with other SLPD staff in the delivery of their programs.
- Participate in Institute projects and activities.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3-year technical diploma) in Business Administration or a related field and four to seven years of experience overseeing mentorship & volunteer programs. Project planning experience desirable.
- Previous experience coordinating mentorship programs and working with and managing student volunteers.
- Experience working with corporate clients or in a corporate environment an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, ability to work independently and within a team environment and to interact effectively with alumni and other volunteers.
- Ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
- Availability to work on weekends and flexible hours during the week for events and meetings.
$28.76 - $34.63 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 22, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities