Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF INSTITUTIONAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
PROJECT COORDINATOR (P1947)
Deadline: March 21, 2019
Reporting to the Executive Director, Institutional Planning and Analysis, the incumbent is responsible for providing coordination and operational support for activities led by the Executive Director. He or she coordinates special projects as determined by departmental needs, interfacing as required with other members of Concordia’s senior management team.
- Manage the Department’s daily activities and deliverables, including operations and follow-ups, coordinate and organize scheduling and resource management for special projects and initiatives.
- Prepare and vet correspondence, project reports; research and collect data from internal and/or external constituents as requested by the Executive Director, and respond to inquiries as required.
- Interface with a wide variety of individuals, including senior management; research on a wide variety of topics, compile, and maintain files, analyze, evaluate and synthesizes data and information.
- Direct and coordinate office workflow, including special projects and stakeholders within the office and other units overseeing workloads and reassigning projects as appropriate; follow-up and ensure consistency of output and reports prior to delivery.
- Organize activities leading to, following, and attending meetings with the Executive Director and other office members and constituents (notices, scheduling, minutes, preparation of dossiers, follow-up and responses to inquiries).
- Collaborate with professional employees in the creation and preparation of documents, reports and datasets.
- Act as a liaison with personnel at the Ministère de l’Éducation et Enseignement supérieur (MEES) and with the Bureau de coopération interuniversitaire (BCI) for specific dossiers.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Concordia senior management personnel and their support staff; brief the Executive Director with regard to the status of pertinent issues and dossiers, and makes recommendations where appropriate.
- Monitor, review, process all matters related to budget and personnel for the Office in compliance to University policies and procedures (e.g. expense reports, purchase requisitions, accounting records, petty cash, notices of hire and change and other related documentation, equipment purchasing, etc.).
- Provide project management services (cost, resources, schedule and performance) and information analysis and synthesis for all special projects and initiatives.
- Use judgment and institutional knowledge to follow-up and contribute to committees as requested by the Executive Director.
- Lead, plan and coordinate projects as defined by departmental needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with four to seven years of related university experience and experience working in an executive office.
- Experience with project coordination, implementation of process improvements, information analysis, financial management, and relationship development with faculty, senior management and support personnel.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of written and spoken English to write and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, take minutes and deal with complex situations; very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written French to communicate effectively with government agencies and external contacts.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word (format documents, review/comment/redline documents, do mail merges) and of Excel (create spreadsheets and charts); PowerPoint (to create presentations), Adobe Acrobat. Excellent knowledge of and facility with Outlook (maintaining schedules, organizing meetings, tasks, group emails, contacts and other information, follow-ups) and scanning documents.
- Strong customer focus; dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to accomplish complex tasks through formal and informal channels, with strong ability to marshal resources (i.e.: people, budgets, material and support) in a collegial, professional manner.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with accuracy and diligent attention to detail.
- Strong sense of leadership, team-building and influencing skills.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask; ability to work independently and in a team; client-service orientation.
- Flexibility to adapt to new technologies, methods and processes.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 21, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities