Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES
MANAGER, WEB COMMUNICATIONS (C4682)
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Repost. This posting represents a full-time five (5) year contract.
Reporting to the Executive Director, University Communications Services, the incumbent provides strategic, technical, administrative and project management leadership for the maintenance and development of Concordia’s secured and unsecured web presence and ensures that the web presence meets the communications requirements for external and internal audiences and the university’s marketing efforts.
- Plan and develop strategies to use the web resources of the University most efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the web team to ensure the timely delivery of Web projects
- Ensure that the policies and structures that govern the university’s web presence and future development are up to date, communicated and respected.
- Set objectives for personnel and ensure these objectives are met.
- Establish priorities for University web resources that are consistent with sector and institutional strategy and develop project plans and schedules that are respected.
- Advise the Executive Director, UCS on progress, schedules and resource utilization.
- Recommend courses of action to the Executive Director, UCS on matters related to Concordia’s web presence and web communications.
- Conduct best practices research related to Internet project delivery, and define the options, including pros and cons, for implementation of those improvements.
- Represent University Communications Services committees determined by the Executive Director, UCS.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, web communications, management information systems, computer science, or software engineering and four to seven years demonstrated experience in increasing the web presence of large organizations from both the content creation and management and the technical infrastructure sides.
- Experience in digital marketing.
- Project management experience for large scale web systems.
- Knowledge of AEM, XHTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, web accessibility, and usability principles required. Knowledge of PHP, CSS, Web 2.0 tools, SEO, and content management systems strongly preferred.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French.
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel (departments of at least 10 people or more).
- Excellent customer relations and teambuilding competencies.
$85,532.00 - $99,244.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 30, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities