Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTITUTE FOR CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION (ICE)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, CO-OP EDUCATION (P1643)
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Reporting to the Associate Director, the incumbent performs a variety of administrative functions with the primary function being to assist the entire Co-op team in the effective and efficient running of the Co-op Program. He/she performs tasks related to the academic and administrative processes of Co-op including maintaining professional communication with the general public and all the Co-op stakeholders: students, employers, academics, and internal departments.
- Ensure customer service is provided to Co-op employers, students, and academics on matters related to Co-op and build and maintain relationships with them by responding to their enquiries, providing advice, and addressing their issues and concerns.
- Receive and post job descriptions in a timely fashion, ensure the accuracy of information by correcting any errors, and advise Co-op employers on the Co-op job posting processes and on the use of our database management system.
- Schedule interviews for Co-op students, coordinate/negotiate with employers, faculty and students as well as manage conflicts of schedules. Follow up with employers and students on a regular basis.
- Actively follow up with and answer enquiries on matters related to Co-op in general and in Co-op job postings in particular.
- Provide reports on administrative processing/statistics in support of business development and volume management.
- Assist in administrative tasks of professional development seminars; scheduling, attendance, other duties as required.
- Send out Co-op student email campaign messages, making sure that students are informed via email of Co-op events, activities, rules and regulations in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with University Communication Services (UCS) and act as the focal point for all Co-op website administrative functions, including making updates to the website on a timely basis, updating news stories and adjusting important employer dates.
- Coordinate Co-op translation requests with the University’s Translation services.
- Replace the front desk during lunch breaks, vacations, etc.
- Assist in various projects and perform other tasks in support of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Prior experience in customer service, particularly with the external business community.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French; experience communicating in professional business community setting.
- Strong client service orientation and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (e.g. mail merge), Excel and PowerPoint; proficient knowledge of e-mail functions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Availability to work flexible hours occasionally.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE207-14A and the associate salary range is $23.31 to $27.68 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 15, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities