Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE TREASURER
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (C4680)
Deadline: March 14, 2019
This posting represents a part time leave replacement effective until March 2021. Normal schedule: 13.5 hours per week, 3 days per week, 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Training schedule (apprx. 6 weeks): 3 days a week, 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Reporting to the University Treasurer and Investment Officer and functionally to the Administrative Assistant, the incumbent coordinates meetings for the University Treasurer and Investment Officer. In conjunction with the administrative assistant, he/she provides administrative, logistical, and organizational support to the Office of the Treasurer.
- Coordinate meetings in person or by telephone/video for the University Treasurer and Investment Officer; Maintain a Bring-Forward and Follow-Up System; Replace Administrative Assistant in her absence.
- Schedule conference room bookings, monitor reservation system and resolve conflicts when applicable.
- Respond to internal meeting requests and register for seminars and conferences with external clients and prospective suppliers.
- Provide support to Directors with meeting agenda and supporting document upload and filing; prepare and/or format routine correspondence such as notification of related meetings.
- Maintain an effective office filing system (online and physical), bookkeeping and database for all levels of operations and archive in accordance with University retention rules.
- Maintain physical filing system related to department invoices, room bookings, catering and governance committees, in addition to network-shared drive and online storage.
- Maintain the office invoice accounting system. Prepare expense reports and submit invoices.
- Organize recurring meetings for department units; arrange for catering and book meeting room.
- Maintain and obtain signing authority approvals and certificate of incumbency updates for multiple financial institutions.
- Assist the administrative assistant with the logistical coordination of business travel and special events related to pension, investments, formal search processes (Request for proposals) and business banking, (including signage, attendance, room bookings, catering etc.).
- Track and record invoices, journal transfers, and other expenses. Actively follow-up and answer general inquiries concerning expenses.
- Maintain and arrange for service of office by submitting work orders/ tickets and other furniture or IT equipment; process access pass and key requests.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) in Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Office Technologies or a related field and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to prepare correspondence and respond to information requests in either language.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of MS Outlook and Word (recurring series, tasks, meeting minutes, agenda lists, mail merges).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with faculty and staff; flexible and professional integrity; tact and courtesy; proactivity, forward thinking, and results-driven.
- Keen attention to detail and customer service; sense of accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours during special events or projects.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE225-14A and that the associated salary range is $23.31 to $27.68 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 14, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities