Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
COORDINATOR, ENROLMENT AND STUDENT SERVICES (P1945)
Deadline: April 23, 2019
Reporting to the Director Administration and Services to Students, the incumbent supports the Director and has a major role in the coordination of administration practices in the Enrolment and Student Services Sectors. He/she provides high-level administrative and logistical support as well as being responsible for the reconciliation of departmental budgets, for the sector.
- Oversee the daily activities as it pertains to the units that are under the purview of the Director including follow-ups as it pertains to the Birks Student Service Center, Convocation activities and general administration.
- Coordinate the HR functions and liaise with department coordinators and administrative assistants.
- Prepare project reviews and verifies expense reports; research and collect data from internal and/or external constituents as requested.
- Responsible for the Director’s agenda, scheduling meetings and ensuring relevant documentation is included.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, uses judgment and institutional knowledge to follow-up and contribute to committees
- Liaise with IT and facilities when coordinating space planning (including moves and VoIP setup etc); assess space requirements and responsible for maintenance of office equipment.
- Develop and align input from stakeholders, and organize the implementation of strategic initiatives for the Director.;provide project management services (cost, resources, schedule and performance) and information analysis for all special projects and initiatives within the unit.
- Chair administrative assistant meetings and act as the lead resource for administrative assistants in the sector in regards to staff.
- Monitor and analyze in the management of the units’ operational budget as requested; coordinate and prepare pertinent HR documentation pertaining to staffing.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with management personnel and their support staff; brief the Director with regard to the status of pertinent issues and dossiers, and makes recommendations where appropriate.
- Participate in convocation preparation activities and on site during the ceremonies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and one to two years of related work experience.
- Experience in a university environment, dealing with project coordination and financial management.
- Knowledge of the Student Information System and Banner/Millennium is an asset.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s infrastructure and academic & administrative practices and regulations an asset.
- Knowledge of administrative practices involving planning and organizing in a university environment desirable.
- General knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff & faculty as well as to draft correspondence, documentation and reports; basic knowledge (Level 3) spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Excel, of Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals and problem solve.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes and keen attention to details.
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns.
- Ability to work outside normal work hours during peak periods.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment both as member of a team and independently.
$55,664.71 – $66,485.46 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 23, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities