Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
EMPLOYMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
MANAGER, EMPLOYMENT (C5533)
Deadline: May 24, 2019
This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until February 1, 2022.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Employment and Organizational Effectiveness, the incumbent acts as key resource person providing leadership, guidance, analysis and support in regards to non-academic staffing and recruitment at the University by developing effective, efficient and timely solutions.
- Manage non-academic staffing process, including sourcing and selection as well as all associated matters such as educational and testing requirements, salary placement and matters related to collective agreements.
- Manage governance related to recruitment processes such as committees and associated documentation.
- Manage and lead a team of recruitment personnel consisting of professional and support staff in regards to managing workload and performance, assessing resource needs, hiring, and mentoring advisors on complex recruitment files, processes and issues.
- Develop manager and staff communications and trainings for non-academic staffing matters.
- Research higher education best practices, design and deliver solutions for non-academic hiring while continuing to identify opportunities to streamline employment processes to ensure continuous improvements in parallel with new HRIS/ERP implementation.
- Provide leadership for any initiative which may require specific expertise with our HR functional partners/leaders as well as units within university and external to the university.
- Provide support, lead, influence and coach all levels of management and staff in their recruitment and staffing efforts; develop relationships with key members of the Concordia community.
- Manage complex staffing/recruitment processes and programs from concept/issue identification to implementation.
- Participate in and may lead cross-functional teams related to staffing and onboarding administrative processes and programs.
- Participate in needs assessments and support reorganizations; provide feedback to clients and plan actions or interventions that will have the greatest impact for the Concordia community.
- Provide data related to staffing as required (example: access to information requests, employment equity, Top employer’s questionnaires, surveys, workforce management, Bill 95, etc).
- Along with the Executive Director, provide senior advisory support to AVP, HR and other senior management staff throughout the university.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Specialization in Human Resources, or a relevant field and over seven years of related work experience of which five years are in a leadership role; Master’s Degree in a relevant field desirable.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP).
- Knowledge of Concordia and of the Higher Education Sector in the Quebec an asset.
- Experience in unionized settings an asset.
- Solid project and or process management experience.
- Experience in the development and implementation of complex staffing strategies in a unionized environment.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, communication and analytical skills.
- High energy, integrity and proven capacity to build trust, commitment and buy-in among diverse stakeholders for a wide range of initiatives and who can build strong, positive and collaborative relationships.
- Personal commitment and drive for results, flexibility and leadership; creative, innovative, pragmatic, client-centered thinker.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to interact with staff at all levels within the organization; self-aware and have a proven ability to work effectively in teams.
$92,376.00 - $107,184.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 24, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities