Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTITUTE FOR COOPERATIVE EDUCATION (ICE)
ASSISTANT, OPERATIONS (P1816)
Deadline: May 23, 2019
Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations, the incumbent plays a key role in the processes related to admission & registration, assists the placement team, and is a primary resource for providing proactive data and analytics to the Co-op team in support of business development & communications, process changes, and volume management. He/she also provides support for a variety of other administrative functions to support the effective delivery of the Institute’s programs.
- Perform tasks related to admission/registration/administrative processes for a variety of the Institute’s programs, including promotion, application processing, data input in to the Student Information Systems (SIS) & Orbis database system , processing modifications of work-study sequences, student performance review.
- Perform proactive reporting on student, employer, & alumni data to assist with business development and volume management (primarily through the Institute’s database system - Orbis).
- Maintain data integrity in the Institute’s database, including entering and maintaining employer records & student records (including profile information, naming convention, data clarity & updates, application rankings, job statuses, etc.).
- Work as the focal point for all employer email campaign message and provide input on messaging .Ensure communications are sent out in a timely fashion.
- Monitor students’ job applications and recommend/advise followup activities
- Actively follow up with and answer enquiries from co-op employers on job postings, interview process/schedule, rank-match process, job offers, etc.
- Replace the front desk during lunch breaks, vacations, etc. and assist in other tasks & projects in support of the Institute.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of administrative experience in an office environment in a reporting type role working with complex data to support decision making.
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, reporting and data-entry skills.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (mail merges, template use, formatting) and Outlook and advanced knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, linking data from multiple sources).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and to meet strict deadlines.
- Keen sense of accuracy & detail orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong sense of professionalism & confidentiality.
- Prior experience working with BI tools including Crystal Reports, PowerBI, etc. is an important asset
- Prior experience with the Student Information System (SIS) and Orbis or other database management software is an asset
$24.65 to $29.66 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 23, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities