Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (GCS)
MANAGER, CORE TECHNOLOGIES, AITS (P5523)
Deadline: May 22, 2019
Reporting to the Director, Academic Information Technology Services (AITS), the incumbent plans, organizes and manages staff and overall operations to ensure reliable operation and management for the School’s central Linux and Windows systems of the GCS.
- Analyze the needs for GCS core infrastructure services, hardware and software, and any upgrades or modifications to sustain activities and remain current with evolving technologies.
- Manage and set priorities for staff.
- Maintain documentation related to systems maintenance; prepare reports on maintenance activities.
- Provide specifications for the purchase of servers, storage and peripheral infrastructure required for the School’s central IT services.
- Evaluate software and hardware solutions; evaluate and make recommendations for support contracts, required modifications and maintenance related to computer equipment.
- Prepare plan of upgrades (software & hardware).
- Maintain central systems up to date; develop and maintain central system software developed in-house required to support core infrastructure services.
- Develop, implement, document and maintain industry standard practices and procedures in support of mandate.
- Assist in the design and implementation of short and long-term strategic plan to ensure IT systems meet current and future requirements
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with Director.
- Perform other tasks in support of the unit as requested by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and four to seven years of related experience.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively and create documents and reports. Spoken and written French an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience of system administration on large scale installation of server and workstations running under Windows, Linux (or any other Unix operating system).
- Knowledge of and experience working with networked storage protocols and directory services.
- Experience working in a centralized, multi-user, heterogeneous operating system environment.
- Knowledge of server hardware and network storage systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
$86,169.00 – $99,982.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 22, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities