Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF ART HISTORY
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (P5622)
Deadline: May 16, 2019
This posting represents a full-time leave replacement effective until October 30, 2020.
Reporting to the Department Coordinator, the incumbent provides front-line services to current and prospective students, staff, faculty, and individuals external to Concordia University regarding academic and administrative matters relating to the Department of Art History. These services include the provision of general secretarial and clerical support.
- Provide preliminary advising and assistance by phone, in-person, and other forms of communication (e.g., e-mail, web) to current students and potential applicants to programs regarding academic procedures, program requirements, admission and registration. Meet with students to determine appropriate advising channel.
- Design, create and maintain electronic databases/banks for faculty, students/alumni, and the department. Prepare database reports as required. Act as department's liaison for communicating information to students and alumni. Responsible for maintaining and updating information on the department's website.
- Provide clerical support to the Department Coordinator regarding departmental functions and programs.
- Schedule meetings for the Graduate Program Director and take and transcribe minutes for departmental meetings. Schedule meetings, book rooms and equipment
- Coordinate student related administrative functions such as: transfer of program, registration, student requests, and student awards. Assist in the organization of graduate program milestones, such as PhD comprehensive exams and MA French tests. Maintain graduate student files.
- Provide general administrative support to the department. Maintain department files and filing and storage areas. Process work orders. Screen and distribute departmental mail. Create and prepare correspondence, documents, forms, reports using appropriate office information systems.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) in Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Office Technologies, or a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of experience as an office assistant, preferably within an academic environment.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to explain policies, procedures, and programs relating to an area of work; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French to respond to work-related questions and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel.
- Good knowledge of web-editing software (AEM). Knowledge of Student Information System (SIS) and of University policies and procedures is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation in order to work effectively with students, faculty, and other clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask; work as part of a team as well as individually, and work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
$24.65 - $29.66 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 16, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities