Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTRE
COORDINATOR, SERVICES FOR NEW STUDENTS (C1567A)
Deadline: April 4, 2019
This position is a maternity leave replacement effective until April 15, 2020.
Reporting to the Manager, Services for New Students, the incumbent plans and coordinates events, programming and daily operations of the Services for New Students unit. He/she provides leadership and supervision to the Welcome Crew Mentors.
- Provide effective leadership and coordination to ensure Welcome Crew Mentors are carrying out assigned tasks with a high level of professionalism and providing appropriate support to new students; assess outcomes on an ongoing basis and adjust accordingly.
- Hire, train, assign work, monitor, evaluate and motivate the unit’s student employees.
- Develop, plan and prepare programming provided by the Services for New Students unit.
- Coordinate the preparation and execution of bi-annual Services for New Students orientation events and other special Student Success Centre events.
- Monitor, research and recommend event-planning tools, strategies and logistics.
- Liaise with student services units and other internal Concordia contacts on matters related to services provided to new students, including orientation and outreach events.
- In collaboration with Manager and Counsellor, participate in and contribute to short- and long-term planning and strategic development of the unit.
- Monitor and contribute to content updates of Services for New Students social media accounts, website and print/promotional materials.
- Diploma of College Studies (Three-year technical program) in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate with internal and external clients and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to respond to general inquiries.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (in order to work with documents, spreadsheets/reports and presentations).
- Strong planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to handle multiple, varying tasks under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours during peak periods and when special events are scheduled.
$51,953.00 - $62,598.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 4, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities