Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
LABORATORY INSTRUCTOR (P1780)
Deadline: May 9, 2019
This position represents a full-time maternity leave replacement effective until May 28, 2020
Reporting to the Exercise Science Technical Officer, the Laboratory Instructor enhances student success through a positive learning environment and ensures the smooth operation of the laboratory while preparing and teaching undergraduate Exercise Science laboratories within the scope and guidelines established by the professor.
- Prepare and teach undergraduate laboratories, mainly in the areas of physiology and exercise physiology.
- Meet, guide, and instruct students with respect to the format and content of the course curriculum in conjunction with lecture portion of class.
- Prepare, administer, and grade laboratory exams, quizzes, projects, and assignments as well as tabulate grades.
- Train and supervise undergraduate and graduate students to assist in teaching of undergraduate labs (manage course-related teaching assistants); occasionally support graduate laboratories.
- Develop, compose, and prepare laboratory manuals and instructional materials (video, software, presentations).
- Recommend and implement approved upgrades and improvements to laboratory facilities and practices,
- Set up and maintain technical equipment as required.
- Manage teaching inventory; research and recommend purchases.
- Master’s degree in Exercise Science and two to four years of relevant experience
- Previous teaching and post-graduation clinical experience desirable.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English in order to compose and prepare laboratory manuals and to develop instructional videos; basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken French to answer general questions.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Access in order to format, and create documents, spreadsheets and databases.
- Understanding of the Concordia environment in terms of scheduling, programs, grading, and in particular, strong understanding of programs in Exercise Science highly desirable.
- In-depth understanding of career possibilities for undergraduates in Exercise Science an asset.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and leadership skills, as well as organization, and team work capabilities.
- Strong planning, organizing, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Approachability, integrity and ability to motivate and earn students’ trust.
$60,610.55 - $72,396.19 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 9, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities