Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT (UA)
ALUMNI OFFICER, FACULTY LIAISON (P1709)
Deadline: April 17, 2019
Reporting to the Associate Director, Alumni Relations, the incumbent works towards strategic and meaningful alumni engagement that will inspire alumni to contribute to Concordia’s reputation, relationships, and resource base (fundraising goals). He/She develops strategies, activities and budgets aimed at cultivating alumni, students and donors.
- Liaise between the Central Alumni Relations unit and all faculties (development staff, student associations, deans).
- Develop faculty based community programming and liaise with centrally based alumni colleagues to implement these programs and events.
- Develop educational programming highlighting current university researchers and professors.
- Work with Alumni Officer, Global Networks, to develop and coordinate strategy, programming and travel for specific geographic chapters.
- Develop annual strategic plans in partnership with faculty Development staff that include Homecoming activities and reunions.
- Leverage faculty (Professors, Deans, etc) travel plans in support of strategic objectives.
- Maintain regular communication with alumni volunteers in the faculties and help develop meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Make significant connections with faculty student organizations and help feed the student leader (and future volunteer) pipeline.
- Develop annual plans for faculty based affinity networks and educational programming, including strategic follow up
- Connect with faculty volunteers and work with central Alumni Relations colleagues to develop volunteer careers.
- Manage faculty network budgets.
- Work with fundraising colleagues to identify, connect and engage prospects in key regions around the world and help qualify these graduates in order to feed the pipeline.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers and casual staff in support of alumni initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of related work experience, previous experience in association or non-profit management, preferably in a University setting. Experience in the managing of volunteers is essential.
- Project planning and management and budgeting experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and executing significant special events successfully.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of written and spoken English to develop programs and activities; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French to provide a wide breadth of information.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment, and to interact effectively with alumni and other volunteers.
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Availability to work on weekends and evenings to manage and to attend events and meetings.
$60,610.55 – $72,396.19 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 17, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities