Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BUILDING, CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL
Deadline: March 4, 2019
This posting represents a temporary leave replacement effective until February 4, 2020.
Reporting to the Department Chair, Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering (BCEE), the incumbent performs managerial responsibilities requiring the technical support of specialized staff and many advanced research and technical equipment. He/she will assist and supervise in the teaching of civil engineering design related courses and to support faculty members and students in their design projects and research activities.
- Organize and supervise day to day activities of the civil engineering design related courses and supports faculty members and students in their design projects and research activities.
- Manage, hire, supervise and evaluate the technical staff; establish priorities relative to the work schedule and work methods of the technical staff team of the Department.
- Provide expert problem solving, comprehensive technical and administrative support.
- Instruct and provide professional guidance to students with design concepts, questions, ideas and support to faculty members.
- Verify and approve drawings for design accuracy prior to machining and fabrication.
- Promote the design products made by students.
- Advise the Chair on matters pertinent to the BCEE technical team, BCEE laboratories and related Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues.
- Liaise with industry in formulating relevant civil engineering capstone design project ideas; write proposals for potential new projects and lab development.
- Design specific work stations for undergraduate labs and supervise teams/staff working on these projects; advise graduate students on their projects.
- Oversee and support multiple extracurricular student group activities.
- Develop particular projects related to new lab experiments and research activities.
- Coordinate the distribution of design projects among professors and students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and four to seven years of related experience; previous supervisory experience.
- Membership with l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec as registered professional Engineer.
- Strong theoretical and technical background in civil engineering design; proficiency with related software tools, codes, and standards.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English, basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French; knowledge of written French desirable.
- Basic knowledge of Word in order to format simple documents and Excel in order to work on simple spreadsheets.
- Basic knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety issues related to Civil Engineering laboratories or construction sites or industrial plants.
- Strong problem solving and operation management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Proven team leader and team builder with ability to foster a positive team environment.
$79,789.00 – $92,575.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 4, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities