Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (GCS)
BUDGET ASSISTANT (P2809C)
Deadline: April 15, 2019
This posting represents a leave replacement effective until June 5, 2020.
Reporting to the Senior Faculty Financial Officer, the incumbent assists with the budget planning and control; explaining and applying policies and procedures with respect to Human Resources and Financial Information System. He or she acts as liaison between academic departments and service units.
- Maintain detailed records of all expenditures and commitments for the Office of the Dean (including operating, capital and trust accounts) as well as other departments monitored at the Faculty level.
- Evaluate and verify salary and non-salary expenditures for all departments in the School.
- Update and maintain an On-line Budget Office database including: recording commitments for full time faculty, recording database with ledgers and investigating discrepancies, and updating CFI (Canadian Foundation Innovation) files.
- Verify and process moving and sabbatical expenses for full time faculty; prepare appropriate documentation for Payroll, Human Resources and Financial Services.
- Assist the Senior Faculty Financial Officer with special reports, salary projections and financial forecasts; prepare financial forecasts for professional development allowance account.
- Reconcile monthly ledgers and investigate discrepancies including cell phone monthly charges.
- Advise and provide information to departments regarding management of budgets; act as liaison between GCS departments and University service departments.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate policies and procedures making them available to all departments via the web.
- Assist with faculty-wide management of timesheets; maintain control on key deposit refunds.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies, (3 year technical DEC) in accounting, finance or a related field or equivalent and two to four years related budget/accounting work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to write and prepare correspondence, documents, and reports, and to communicate effectively with faculty and staff; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to answer routine questions and to prepare basic correspondence.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Excel and database applications (to input information and to generate reports), Word (to prepare documents and reports).
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
$28.76 to $34.63 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 15, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities