Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FACULTY OF FINE ARTS
GALLERY ADMINISTRATOR (C3070A)
Deadline: April 1, 2019
This is a 3-year full-time contract position (renewable).
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Academic Affairs, the incumbent is responsible for the daily operation of the Faculty of Fine Arts’, FOFA Gallery within the integrated Engineering, Computer Science and Visual Arts complex. The FOFA Gallery is the primary venue at Concordia University dedicated to showcasing the current artistic and research practices of the Faculty of Fine Arts. Through exhibitions, publications, and events the gallery makes public the work of Concordia faculty, students, alumni, and staff. A space dedicated to innovation, the FOFA Gallery fosters and facilitates training opportunities, pedagogical inquiries, and curatorial experiments.
- In accordance with the Gallery’s mandate, solicit, receive and evaluate exhibition and performance proposals from within and outside the Concordia community in collaboration with a selection committee comprised of faculty members.
- Establish and oversee the Gallery’s budget.
- Manage technicians and part-time assistants; supervise graduate and undergraduate interns, and work-study students; coordinate and maintain all volunteer activities.
- Ensure the Gallery’s programming reflects the diversity and creative activity within the Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Initiate and coordinate all ancillary events held in conjunction with Gallery exhibitions and performances.
- In conjunction with the Fine Arts Communications Advisor, initiate and direct marketing and public promotion for the Gallery and its events.
- Write and submit grant applications internally and externally for the Gallery, including Concordia sources as well as Canada Council, FRQSC, and others as appropriate. This may include project grants, operational funding grants, or others.
- Coordinate Gallery shows with other exhibitions and events occurring elsewhere in Montreal, when possible and/or appropriate in alignment with the Faculty’s objective and goals.
- Other duties as required by the Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Master’s degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to compose correspondence and communicate effectively with and provide information to faculty, staff, students, and the external community.
- Superior communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the diversity of contemporary visual, media, interdisciplinary and performance art and familiarity with what is being produced and/or researched by the professors, technicians, staff, students and alumni of the Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel (to create, maintain and update documents and spreadsheets).
$66,712.00- $77,403.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 1, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities