Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CARPENTER – NON-MECHANICAL DIVISION (P4619A)
Deadline: March 28, 2019
This is a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours per week (5-day workweek from 1:00 p.m. to 9:15p.m.).
Reporting to the Property/Operations Manager, the incumbent performs work related to the maintenance, transformation, repair, building, and finishing of structures as well as other carpentry work using wood, metal, or other materials.
- Perform general carpentry and finishing work.
- Fit and install doors, mouldings, insulation, glass sheets, acoustic tiles on fixed and suspended ceilings; do preparatory work, lay and repair parquet floors, and install windows.
- Install and move curtain walls made of metal, wood, or other materials.
- Make and repair furniture, cabinets, shelves, and other woodwork.
- Install and remove scaffolding required to perform work.
- Perform other duties as required by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma (DSS) and at least four years of related work experience in carpentry.
- Qualification certificate as carpenter in accordance with the manpower vocational training and qualification act.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Valid driver’s license in Quebec.
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, up to 23 kg (50lbs) and with assistance, up to 45kg (100lbs)).
$25.62 per hour (this rate includes the shift premium)
SYNDICAT DES MéTALLOS –SECTION LOCALE 9599 (LOY)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 28, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities