Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR, ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING (ECE) (P5711)
Deadline: February 25, 2019
This position represents a full-time maternity leave replacement effective until May 31, 2020 (Possibility of renewal).
Reporting to the Department Chair, the incumbent provides various duties in order to relieve the Chair of certain administrative tasks and ensures the effective functioning of the office.
- Assist in the daily operation of the Department.
- Coordinate and prepare Faculty personnel dossiers (example: Promotion, Tenure and Contract Renewal).
- Coordinate and prepare Performance Evaluation dossiers (CDI and Merit).
- Prepare reports and correspondence on behalf of the Chair.
- Maintain various databases including Engineering Identity Information System (EIIS) and Faculty Resource Information System (FRIS) with respect to academic course assignment, faculty, visiting, and research personnel.
- Act as Secretary to the Departmental Council and Departmental Advisory Board; take and prepare minutes.
- Maintain the Chair’s agenda and schedules meetings.
- Coordinate Guest Lectures and Invited Seminars in the Department.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3-year technical program) in a field related to the primary responsibilities, with two to four years related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English and French; to express opinions in a sensitive manner and formulate persuasive arguments, as well as to draft correspondence and reports.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (able to do mail merges and prepare complex tables); basic knowledge of Excel (able to format charts and input data) and Access (able to create and maintain a database).
- Familiarity with the Student Information System (SIS), EIIS and FRIS is a definite asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the abilityto work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with delicate, confidential matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE160-14A. and that the associated salary range is $29.12 to $35.01 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 25, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities