Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO THE DEAN (P5415)
Deadline: August 28, 2019
Repost. This posting represents a maternity-leave replacement effective until April 15, 2021.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the incumbent provides administrative, secretarial logistical support to the Dean in the Gina Cody School of Engineering & Computer Science.
- Manage the Dean’s agenda.
- Schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; screen and respond to telephone and in-person inquiries from faculty, staff, students and external organizations.
- Screen, review and prioritize oral and written communications addressed to the Dean, respond following consultation with the Dean and the Director of Administration.
- Ensure that directives from the Dean and the Director of Administration are performed in a manner that maintains the efficient and smooth functioning of the Office of the Dean.
- Brief the Dean and the Director of Administration on issues requiring their attention.
- Perform administrative and secretarial duties for the Dean in response to emails, mail, telephone or in-person inquiries; direct telephone inquiries to appropriate individuals for follow-up; prepare letters and memos.
- Collaborate with internal and external bodies, individuals and groups on behalf of the Dean and the Director of Administration.
- Take minutes at various faculty committees as required by the Dean and the Director of Administration.
- Assist in coordinating and providing administrative support for convocation, faculty council and faculty elections.
- Participate in organizing promotional activities and special events for the faculty such as orientation and the Dean’s List Awards.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Provide other tasks in support to the office and as assigned by the Dean.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3-year technical program) in Office Technology or in other field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French to write and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both official languages.
- Proven record of minute taking.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word (format documents, do mail merges) and of Excel (create spreadsheets and charts); basic knowledge of PowerPoint (to create presentations), Adobe Acrobat and Outlook.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask; ability to work independently and in a team; client-service orientation.
- Availability to work overtime when required.
$31.18 - $37.54 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 28, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities