Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
LIBRARY – LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION OFFICE
ASSISTANT TO THE VICE-PROVOST, DIGITAL STRATEGY & UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN (P4039)
Deadline: May 22, 2019
Reporting to the Vice-Provost, Digital Strategy & University Librarian (VPDS & UL), the incumbent provides administrative, secretarial and logistical support to the VPDS & UL. He/she formats and organizes a wide range of documentation for both internal and external communications, under deadlines and makes arrangements for special events.
- Determine and manage the agenda of the VPDS & UL; schedule internal and external appointments and meetings and ensure relevant documentation is included (agenda, note sheets, action item sheets, emails, reports, formal documentation, etc.) to support the daily activities of the VPDS & UL.
- Retrieve and organize data for the preparation of reports, retrieve and organize documents for dossiers and prepare documentation for distribution to committees.
- Format and write a variety of correspondence, reports, charts, tables, minutes, signage and other documentation and arrange for their filing, distribution and/or presentation.
- Initiate and prepare routine communications and correspondence.
- Maintain an organized filing system of print and digital documents.
- Maintain “bring-forward and follow-up” systems for proper management of documents, events and academic body and committee activities.
- Make arrangements for conferences, receptions, presentations and other events and coordinate bookings for rooms, rental of equipment and requisition of catering services, as requested.
- Prepare travel arrangements (flights, trains, hotels, conference registration, visas, etc.) and expense reports.
- Receive telephone calls and process mail and e-mail; assess what information needs to be shared with/redirected to other offices, and forward it.
- Organize, update and maintain departmental files and mailing lists and liaise with University Archives or other university offices as necessary.
- Post committee lists and minutes; Act as Secretary to the Senate Library Committee and other committees and working groups, as requested.
- Perform other duties in support of the Office of the Vice-Provost, Digital Strategy & University Librarian, as assigned.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and a minimum of two years of related experience in a high profile, non-routine, regularly under tight deadline and demanding office environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; diplomacy and tact dealing with widely differing communications to and from a great variety of external individuals and organizations; ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Evidence of discretion and good judgment in handling queries and complaints, in solving problems, and in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems; ability to explain problems succinctly.
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and handle stress in a high volume office to meet deadlines. Must be able to work under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of office management systems, equipment and procedures.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies and to adapt rapidly to changes.
- Excellent communication skills; very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French in order to communicate effectively with internal and external partners and to draft correspondence, documentation and reports.
- Ability and ease working in a Windows environment and of managing digital files.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with a file management system (such as SharePoint), Outlook and the Internet. Ability to work with Visio and Adobe Acrobat
$28.58 - $33.74 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 22, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities