Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCE
STUDENT RECRUITMENT OFFICER, STUDENT ACADEMIC SERVICES (P5656)
Deadline: November 19, 2019
Amended salary. This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until November 1, 2020.
Reporting to the Director, Student Academic Services, the incumbent participates in the development, planning, preparation and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies of the Faculty of Arts and Science for graduate and undergraduate students at local, provincial, national, and international levels.
- Review and update the strategic recruitment plan and establish priorities as appropriate with the Associate Dean and the Director, Student Academic Services.
- Initiate and track recruitment efforts conducted at local, national, and international education fairs, on-campus and off-campus information sessions, English and French CEGEP/School visits, online and traditional marketing efforts via the Office of Student Recruitment and through self-initiated walk-in, telephone, and email inquiries.
- Work in collaboration with the Office of Student Recruitment to organize campus visits, joint undergraduate recruitment activities (such as “La tournée universitaire” and English and French CEGEP/School visits); undertake and participate in recruitment trips in North America.
- Organize and coordinate the open house activities of the Faculty with the School of Graduate Studies and the University Student Recruitment Office for joint graduate recruiting activities such as the Concordia Graduate Studies Recruitment Fair.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Advisors and Undergraduate/Graduate Program Directors of the Faculty to provide potential students with accurate information about the programs requirements and advise departments on appropriate recruitment options and strategies related to potential graduate students.
- Research and assess potential sources of future students.
- Report on recruitment activities, evaluate the effectiveness of those activities, and suggest changes or new initiatives.
- Participate in the development and production of recruitment publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of work experience in student recruitment, public relations, or marketing.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to inform, advise, and communicate with students, faculty, staff, and external organizations (colleges, schools, media) and to develop or assist in the development of promotional materials.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to create and update documents), Excel (to create and update spreadsheets), and PowerPoint (to create and update presentations).
- Ability to work with social media.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts.
- Excellent presentation skills to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents, faculty, or external organizations.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously; ability to meet deadlines.
- Availability to travel extensively and to work irregular hours.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
$70,939.46 – $84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 19, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities