Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS OFFICE
IMMIGRATION SPECIALIST (P1846)
Deadline: July 4, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, International Students Office (ISO), the incumbent advises international students and is the key resource person when dealing with immigration authorities. He/she will lead and analyzes complex student cases and recommend the best course of action to students and advisors.
- Maintain liaison with governmental offices, internal departments and other academic institutions with regards to international students; coordinate the Ministry Audit for international students; represent Concordia on external committees reviewing immigration policy and procedures and advocate for changes in response to international students’ needs.
- Advise and provide information to international students on immigration, policies & procedures, study and work permits as well as para-academic issues; ensure the Manager is regularly advised of issues and concerns relating to complex cases.
- Monitor international students whose immigration status or personal situation requires attention.
- Conduct orientation sessions and workshops; develop and organize special projects and programs at the request of the Manager.
- Compile and analyze statistics and trends on international issues.
- Perform other duties as required in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and spoken French (in order to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports); basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Must be a member in good standing with one of the following: Certified Consultant with the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) or lawyer or para legal who are members of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society or a notary who is a member of the Chambre des notaires du Quebec.
- Knowledge of immigration laws and regulations applicable to international students.
- Basic knowledge of Word and PowerPoint (to create and update documents and presentations) and good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Access and Excel (to work with databases and spreadsheets).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals and to give presentations.
- Experience in dealing compassionately with individuals in sometimes difficult personal situations.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Able to work outside normal operating hours for special events.
$70,988.18 - $84,798.44 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 4, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities