Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
IT SECURITY ANALYST (C1681)
Deadline: October 7, 2019
This represents a full-time indeterminate contract.
Reporting to the Director, IT Architecture, Security and Planning, the incumbent develops and maintains IT Security policies and their associated directives and procedures. Of equal importance, the incumbent monitors and reports on policy compliance and participates in remediation activities.
- Perform IT security audits and lead vulnerability assessment and remediation efforts
- Assist in developing and implementing security system rules to address IT security risks (e.g. SIEM, Firewalls)
- Monitor technology trends for IT vulnerability prevention/detection/remediation
- Identify and evaluate IT security risks and develop strategies for their mitigation
- Help define IT security policies and security standards
- Build and maintain an IT security awareness program.
- Lead security incident response teams and review procedures on a yearly basis
- Report on IT security incidents and mitigation activities (e.g. risk report, monthly dashboards)
- Participate in solution architecture reviews and ensure adherence to security requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and five to seven years of related work experience.
- Experience with Windows, Macintosh, Linux (UNIX) system administration and management in a networked environment.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with members of the community and other Quebec universities.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a structured environment where teamwork is essential as well as work with various investigation bodies.
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining harmonious relations with co-workers.
- Security professional certification (e.g. SSCP, CISSP, GIAC) highly desirable.
- Knowledge of international security standards and best practices (ISO27001, FISMA), Quebec (“Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels”) and Canadian law (Privacy Act, PIPEDA) highly desirable.
$84,040 - $100,379 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 7, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities