Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (P5553)
Deadline: June 4, 2015
Reporting to the Director, Concordia International, the incumbent provides administrative, logistical and organizational support to Concordia International programs and administrative assistance to the Director; he/she acts as the unit's first line of contact.
- Receive, greet and direct visitors to the appropriate person; answer telephone, fax, mail, and email enquiries and respond or re-direct as appropriate.
- Perform secretarial and administrative duties, such as: schedule meetings; assemble dossiers and prepare meeting summaries and following up.
- Review, log, and redirect all incoming correspondence. Prepare and follow up on basic correspondence, and liaise with internal bodies.
- Coordinate with internal staff and external units to ensure outbound students are properly registered at Concordia for their programs abroad; obtain identification numbers for inbound students and obtain/send transcripts to inbound students' home institutions.
- Perform general office and clerical functions such as: maintain and arrange for service of office and other equipment; maintain inventory of supplies; process key requests.
- Maintain and reconcile invoices; prepare and process expense reports, purchase requisitions, journal transfers, invoices and other related documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date files (paper and electronic documents) for proper management of documents, files and database; archive in accordance with University retention rules.
- Enter, compile and analyze data to prepare and create statistical reports, case reports and annual reports (including graphs, tables and diagrams), etc.
- Maintain and assist in creating communication materials (website and publications) by ensuring information is up-to-date and accurate. Distribute information materials.
- In support of the Director, maintain record of vacation, personal days, overtime, and leaves for all staff members.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university program) in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of relevant work experience in the international education field.
- Good spoken and written English and French (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively in a variety of situations; knowledge of a third language is an asset.
- Ability to work in Windows environment; good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to produce very large, complex formal documents), of Excel (to create and modify spreadsheets and charts), of PowerPoint (to create presentations) and of Outlook and SIS and web-based databases.
- Ability to learn and implement new software applications and manage a database as required. Strong document/file management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multitask, organize work, and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Keen attention to detail, especially in written work, technical tasks, responding to deadlines and overall planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, resourcefulness, initiative and strong customer-service focus with the ability to deal firmly but politely with clientele.
- Able to function in and have sensitivity for a multicultural and international work setting with diverse clients with very diverse needs across the world.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and autonomously and to be discreet when discussing/reviewing confidential information.
$23.58 - $28.40 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 4, 2015. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities