Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICER, INTERNATIONAL LIAISON (P2998)
Deadline: May 23, 2014
Reporting to the Manager, Student Mobility, the incumbent is responsible for international student mobility program applications and records, including student exchanges, study abroad, field schools and international internships and research traineeships. He/she works closely with the Manager, Student Mobility Programs at Concordia International.
- Process incoming and outgoing applications for student exchanges, field schools, study abroad agreements and international internships and research traineeships.
- Answer inquiries about the application requirements or programs; direct other inquiries to the appropriate person.
- In coordination with other employees at Concordia International, maintain informational resources about partner institutions, funding opportunities, programs and application requirements.
- Participate in the development and delivery of information sessions, promotional activities and pre-departure and re-entry sessions throughout the university as required by the Manager.
- Prepare and report all statistics to the Manager.
- Help coordinate work-study and volunteer participants as required.
- Advise the Manager on new partnerships or on other initiatives that are deemed appropriate.
- Perform other duties related to international academic activities as required such as helping organizing visits for international delegations.
- Bachelor's degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and a minimum of two to four years of work experience in academic exchange programs in a university or comparable institution with a high level of contact with students, faculty and staff.
- Knowledge of the goals and objectives of a university and its academic and administrative workings and of external bodies and organizations involved in international academic relations to advise on new partnerships and other institutional international initiatives.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English (level 5) and good knowledge of spoken and written French (level 4) in order to speak with students, faculty and staff from many countries, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both official languages. Knowledge of a third language a definite asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (format documents, do mail merges, create macros), of Excel (create spreadsheets and charts, use mathematical and financial functions), of PowerPoint (create elaborate presentations), and of Access (maintain and extract information from databases).
- Superior communication skills and history of working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask; attention to client service.
$56,919.29 - $68,023.83 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 23, 2014. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities