Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICER, INTERNATIONAL LIAISON (P2998)
Deadline: April 4, 2014
Reporting to the Manager, Student Mobility, the incumbent is responsible for international student mobility program applications and records, including incoming and outgoing exchanges, field schools, study abroad (fee-paying), and international internships.
- Process applications for incoming and outgoing exchanges, field schools, study abroad (fee-paying), and international internships. Specific duties relating to the processing of the applications vary according to program.
- Answer inquiries about the application process or programs. Direct other inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Maintain, in coordination with the other employees in Concordia International Office, information resources about partner institutions, international possibilities, and application process.
- Participate in the development and delivery of information sessions, pre-departure, and re-entry sessions throughout the university, as required by the Manager, Student Mobility.
- Report all statistics to the Manager, Student Mobility, as required.
- Help coordinate work-study and volunteer participants, as required.
- Advise the Manager, Student Mobility on any new partnerships or other initiatives which are deemed to be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree and one to two years of work related experience, preferably in a university environment or comparable institution, including a high level of contact with students and staff.
- Good spoken and written French and English (Level 4) in order to speak with students and staff from many countries, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both languages. Ability in a third language considered a strong asset.
- Superior communications skills and demonstrated history of working in a team environment essential.
- Ability to work in Windows environments; excellent abilities in all standard applications.
- Knowledge of the goals and objectives of a university and its academic and administrative workings.
- Knowledge of external bodies and organizations involved in international academic relations is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask; attention to interpersonal service.
$56,919.29 - $68,023.83 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 4, 2014. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities