Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
COORDINATOR, INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS (C4557)
Deadline: May 23, 2014
This is a second posting. This is a 2-year full-time contract.
Reporting to the Director, Concordia International, the incumbent coordinates and develops international research projects and facilitates and coordinates the financial support of international collaborations for individuals and research networks.
- Coordinate, monitor and support a portfolio of approximately 40 international research projects at various stages of development.
- Assist teams of researchers in developing international project proposals, by liaising with the funding agency, identifying strategic partners, reviewing the proposal and insuring its compliance with the call.
- Advise researchers on international funding sources.
- Research, identify, and advertise sources of financial support available for international collaborations for individual projects as well as for participation in large international research networks.
- Liaise and consult with faculty members and international funding agencies.
- Evaluate offers of project partnership and identify relevant strategic partner organizations.
- Liaise with the Research Facilitators and International Liaison Officers on initiatives and projects.
- Assist the Director with special initiatives and project-related matters.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of full-time work experience in a professional function with a government agency, industry, university, granting council and/or a project office.
- Ability to quickly develop sound knowledge of the university research environment and international research opportunities related to primary responsibilities.
- Very good spoken and written English (Level 5) in order to write proposals, to communicate with faculty members, international partners, and internal units; good written and spoken French (Level 4) in order to communicate with external partners and write grant proposals.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint to create documents, spreadsheets, budgets and presentations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the confidence, tact, discretion and judgment to work effectively with academic researchers, international contacts, government representatives, and senior administrators.
- Pro-active attitude and problem solving skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced service-oriented environment.
$61,474.35 - $73,467.50 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 23, 2014. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities