Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
SUSTAINABILITY COORDINATOR (P4693)
Deadline: September 14, 2018
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Health and Safety, the incumbent provides services as a facilitator in the University's move towards sustainability. He/she is responsible for designing and developing tools, trainings, methodologies, metrics, and programs to support sustainability goals and objectives and for coordinating their implementation.
- Coordinate the review and evaluation of recommendations made in the Concordia Campus Sustainability Assessment and the Sustainability Plan in discussion and collaboration with appropriate university sectors.
- Provide support to the university`s sustainability governance framework.
- Oversee the development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of the university's Sustainable Plan.
- Advocate for and support the integration of sustainability principles into the sectors of the university.
- Develop, implement and evaluate sustainability programs in partnership with appropriate university sectors and student groups.
- Ensure ongoing progress on sustainability issues at Concordia University by keeping abreast of new developments in sustainability around the world; through annual development of new objectives complimented by long-term strategies and policies to support sustainability and the sustainability plan.
- Coordinate the Concordia Sustainability Ambassador Program.Develop and implement additional educational and engagement opportunities.
- Promote sustainability practices at the University by working directly with services units, academic departments, student organizations, senior and staff administrators to coordinate and enhance sustainability initiatives in line with the sustainability plan.
- Oversee and coordinate meetings of the university`s Sustainability Team (under Environmental Health & Safety).
- Facilitate experiential learning by connecting faculty and student driven sustainability projects.
- Promote Concordia as a sustainability-aware and engaged environment by networking with local, regional and international sustainability-related initiatives and by actively contributing to national campus sustainability initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing communication through existing and new platforms to build a strong culture of sustainability amongst the various stakeholder groups (students, faculty and staff).
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and two to four years of experience in the sustainability field and community outreach.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4); able to draft reports, able to speak with sensitivity on complex subjects and basic spoken French (Level 3); able to respond to work-related queries.
- Intermediate skills in Word (able to incorporate graphics into reports), Excel (able to format spreadsheets and do simple statistical calculations), PowerPoint (able to create templates).
- Strong working knowledge and passion for the concept of sustainability, awareness of the central issues and controversies in the discourse on sustainable development, and knowledge of sustainability indicators.
- Strong community organizing abilities; at least two to four years' experience in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Prior project-management experience.
- Demonstrated ability in grant writing, business and campaign planning, and budgets preparation.
- Experience with collaborative planning models, group facilitation and decision making processes, and consensus based decision-making.
- Experience in media relations and in managing communications, including ccommunity based social marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, change management and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish timelines.
- Strong writing skills.
$ 65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 14, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities