Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENTS OF MUSIC, THEATRE & CONTEMPORARY DANCE
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (P5564)
Deadline: June 20, 2014
Reporting to the Department Administrator, the incumbent provides daily administrative support to the Departments by providing information and assistance to current and potential students, faculty members and to the general public.
- Provide information and assistance by phone, in person and other communication devices (e-mail, WWW) to current students and potential applicants to programs. When necessary, refers to undergraduate or graduate program directors or faculty advisors. Maintain and update department website. Create and prepare correspondence, documents, forms, reports using appropriate software.
- Provide administrative support for the following student affairs and student related administrative functions: recruitment, open house, admissions, transfer of program, registration, advising, timetables, grades, student requests and student awards. Ensure that grades are entered on-line, processed and approved in a timely manner.
- Manage schedule of Department Administrator, Programme Directors, and Department Chairs. Screen and prioritize department mail. Respond to and acknowledge mail. Maintain university filing systems. Prepare work orders, after-hours passes and key requests. Make room bookings. Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- In accordance with internal policies and procedures, coordinate department budget process. Reconcile department records to Millenium. Prepare reports and monthly summaries for Department Administrator. Prepare budget documents for approval by Department Administrator and send to appropriate offices for processing.
- Provide administrative support and follow-up to committees. Schedule meetings, prepare agenda and minutes for departmental and program committees (e.g. Department Council Meetings, Part-time Hiring Committee, Department Personnel Committee, and Department Tenure Committee). Serve as recording secretary and prepare meeting summaries. Assure timely and complete delivery of materials involving committee decisions. Operate and maintain the departmental section of the on-line part time faculty posting/contract system (FRIS).
- Coordinate publicity for productions, including support in the preparation of publicity materials (desktop publishing). Keep mailing and media lists updated.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Chairs and the Department Administrator for special projects and events. Perform other secretarial and administrative duties as required.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2-year program) in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related experience.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and French (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively with and provide information to faculty, staff, students, and the external community, to compose correspondence, take minutes, and to provide administrative support.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to design, create, and format elaborate correspondence, forms, and reports) and of Excel (to create and modify spreadsheets); knowledge (Basic level) of PowerPoint (to prepare presentation). Good knowledge of Outlook and working knowledge of website management software.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation in order to work effectively with students, faculty, and other clientele.
- Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), of the Student Information Management System (SIMS), and of the university academic policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; proven ability to multitask, to establish priorities and to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly outside operating hours for special events.
$23.58 - $28.40per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 20, 2014. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities