GCS Capstone Meeting and Study Rooms
Beginning January 2020, Capstone Meeting and Study Rooms will be available to ENCS students by reservation only. Room reservations are to be made on the GCS Capstone and Study Rooms WEBcalendar. In order to access the WEBcalendar, you must have an active ENCS user account.
- Regular ENCS users can create reservations one day in advance.
- Capstone students can create reservations one week in advance.
- Small rooms may be reserved for up to four hours at a time.
- Larger rooms may be reserved for up to two hours at a time.
Contact Raymond Bruton, Capstone Technician, in H961-08 for any problems that may occur during the reservation process.
To use the GCS Capstone and Study Rooms WEBcalendar for the first time, you have to first register and create a password.
- Go to http://array.encs.concordia.ca/#/
- Click LOGIN
- Click REGISTER
- Enter your ENCS user name
- Click SEND EMAIL
- Go to your ENCS email account and find the email.
- Click on the link in the email which brings you to the password creation page of the WEBcalendar
- Enter a password to use with WEBcalendar. Do not use the same password as your ENCS account!
If you are unable to login to your ENCS account, visit the AITS HELPDESK (H 964) to reset your ENCS account password.
Grace periods are fifteen (15) minutes in length.
This means that you must arrive at your reserved room within 15 minutes of your reservation's start time. Plan accordingly. You can go away and return to your booking for a maximum of 15 minutes only. For a longer break you should terminate the first booking and create a new one for when you plan to come back. Leaving items in the room as a clue helps but does not override the 15 minute limit.
This is the procedure when someone does not show up for their reservation or has left early. You can only CAMPON once the booking has started and only for the length of the booking. Your starting time is displayed on the WEBcalendar. You will have 15 minutes in the room before your booking is secure. If the original booker arrives within the 15 minutes, you should delete your CAMPON so you can book another location. If you wish to stay longer you have to make another booking after the end time.
Clean up the room when you leave, other people will be using it after you.
If you make a spill or break something, tell the Capstone Technician immediately. Likewise, if you discover is garbage or damage when you first enter a room, inform the Capstone Technician.
If the Capstone Technician is not in his office, inform the AITS Service Desk (H 964).
Room conflicts will be resolved based on the WEBcalendar information. Comments or suggested improvement are welcome but not necessarily implemented. Please contact the Capstone Technician directly.
- Academic Information Technology Services (AITS)
- Approved calculators
- GCS Capstone Meeting and Study Rooms
- Card access
- Course support
- Data Storage
- Electronic Assignment Submission
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) Facility: Speed
- IT Policies
- Online Request Forms
- Plotting & Capstone
- Remote Access to GCS Public Lab Computers
- User managed servers
- User managed desktops or laptops
- Wired network requests
- Service Centre
- AITS Staff