Please review the following information before you register.
- Students may register for a maximum of six (6) credits in Music Private Study in any given academic year.
- Students admitted in the Major in Music may include a maximum of twelve (12) credits of Private Study in their degree program.
- Students in the Major in Integrative Music Studies (admitted prior to 2013) and all students in any Specialization may include a maximum of eighteen (18) credits of Private Study in their degree program.
- Students in JPER/MPER 251 are not obliged to perform an individual examination at the end of the semester, but may choose to do so, in consultation with the teacher.
- Students registered in JPER/MPER 252, 351, 352, 451, or 452 are required to perform an individual examination during the official examination period.
- Students registered in MPER 390 and 490 are required to present a public performance as an examination during the April 2015 examination period.
- There is a Private Study surcharge of $250.00 per session for any student taking Private Study.
The deadlines to register for Fall (/2) courses is September 12, 2017 and for Winter (/4) courses is January 16, 2018.
Late registration is not permitted for private study courses - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Choose your teacher well! Your private study teacher is central to your success. Please be sure to have a lesson during the first week of classes. If you decide to change teachers, you must see your advisor before September 12, 2017 for Fall and January 16, 2018 for Winter, to determine whether the change is feasible and how to proceed.
First-year students must meet with an academic advisor before being allowed to register.
1. Print out and complete a registration form (leave the course number blank).
2. Email the teacher(s) and ask if they will accept you as a private study student. If they agree, print out the teacher's confirmation email and attach it to the registration form.
3. Attach a copy of your transcript downloaded from the MyConcordia portal.
4. Bring all three of these documents to the Music office in GM 500.01 by September 15, 2016 for Fall and January 16, 2017 for Winter. Within 1-3 days office staff will email the course number for registration. If you are unable to register at this time, contact the Department Assistant in GM 500.01 or email Nicoletta.Pasquino@concordia.ca.
5. Register for the course on MyConcordia portal.
- Undergraduate programs
- Major in Music
- Major/Minor in Electroacoustic Studies
- Specialization in Jazz Studies
- Specialization in Music Composition
- Specialization in Music Performance
- Private study
- Courses for non-music students
- Major in Music