Centre for Digital Arts
The Centre for Digital Arts provides equipment and technological services for Fine Arts students and faculty members.
The CDA media labs provide access to multimedia technologies in a user-friendly environment. Fine Arts staff and faculty members contribute to the conception of academic programs based on digital technology, as well as to programs that combine digital technologies with traditional media and disciplines. “Smart” classrooms improve the quality of the learning experience.
Open computer labs are available to allow students to complete their homework assignments, while faculty and graduate labs permit work on research projects in a more private setting. The video and sound facilities, audiovisual depot and print services further facilitate students’ potential to combine technical expertise with active art practices.
Facilities and services for students, faculty and staff
- Computer labs with fast computers and current software
- Private video and sound editing suites (bookable online)
- Free workshops (See workshop page)
- Help with projects from professional staff
- Audiovisual/multimedia equipment loans
- Black and white printing on laser printer
- Use of labs and smart rooms for student presentations
- 5Gigs of storage space on CDA-Goliath (servers are not backed up)
- Web page hosting up to 5Gigs