Art Therapy sample course sequence
- ATRP 600 Readings in Art Therapy - 3 credits
- ATRP 603 Symbolic Imagery and Art Therapy- 3 credits
- ATRP 613 Art Therapy Practicum Supervision I - 3 credits
- CATS 611 Counselling Skills for Creative Arts Therapists - 3 credits
- CATS 641 Ethics in Clinical Practice* - 1 credit
- ATRP 604 Group and Family Art Therapy - 3 credits
- ATRP 614 Art Therapy Practicum Supervision II - 3 credits
- CATS 610 Topics in Clinical Psychology - 3 credits
- CATS 639 Interdisciplinary Topics: Cross Cultural Issues* - 1 credit
- CATS 691 - Research in Creative Arts Therapies - 3 credits
- ATRP 602 Assessment Techniques in Art Therapy - 3 credits
- ATRP 623 Advanced Art Therapy Practicum Supervision I - 3 credits
- ATRP 630 Child and Adolescent Art Therapy - 3 credits
- ATRP 693 Research in Art Therapy - 3 credits
- ATRP 620 Advanced Art Therapy Clinical Skills - 3 credits
- ATRP 624 Advanced Art Therapy Practicum Supervision II - 3 credits
- CATS 643 Interdisciplinary Topics: Ethics in Research in the Creative Arts Therapies* - 1 credit
- CATS 689 Research Paper (or CATS 698, 699: Applied Project and Arts-based Inquiries with oral examination and paper) - 9 credits
Students are required to take 6 credits of electives within the 60-credit degree.
*Taught as a partial intensive
Please note that some electives are currently being offered in the summer semester.
Research Paper: a Research Paper written in the second year of study. A proposal for this paper is developed as a course requirement in the first year in CATS 691.
Arts-based Research Project : a Research Project (which must have a written component) completed in the second year of study.