The CSA is a student run committee that represents the interests and concerns of Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema students. The committee serves as an important link between students and faculty and is responsible for organizing an array of events, including MHSoC's annual year-end screening.
- To help foster an open, positive intellectual and social community at MHSoC.
- To represent the interests and concerns of Cinema students in internal and external affairs.
- To organize extra-curricular activities and events that help raise funds for the CSA and to provide a place for Cinema students to meet and network.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of topics, including but not exclusive to, film and cinema.
- To help students demand a better education, proper access to school equipment and resources and fair access to information regarding the decision making process of the Cinema Department.
- To organize, host and fund the MHSoC Film Festival.
- To organize, host and fund orientation events for new students in the Cinema program.
- To provide general support and guidance to all Cinema students.
- To hold regular office hours, and to be open and accessible to all.
- To serve as a liaison between students and faculty/staff of the Film Department, and Concordia University.