Recording Voice Workshop
This workshop will focus on recording voice for interview and voice-over projects. Provides an introduction to various microphones and techniques, setting up patchbay signal path, and using pre-amplifiers, dynamic compression and monitoring.
Topics covered include:
- Basics of sound, digital recording and acoustics
- Selecting a microphone – tube, large diaphragm condenser, dynamic mics.
- Strategies for voice over and interview scenarios
- Introduction to recording studio – microphone setup and techniques.
- Simple setup for recording with Pro Tools.
- Essential sound editing and repair methods and techniques.
- Hands-on time with the equipment.
Prerequisites: Experience working with digital audio is recommended. Basic computer skills are essential.
Accreditation Required: None
Registration: Limit is 6 participants per session. This workshop is open to registered:
- Fine Arts Faculty
- Fine Arts Students
To register or for any questions, please contact Douglas Moffat at email@example.com