Field Recording Workshop
This workshop will cover the use of our portable hard-drive recorders and microphones and provide the necessary information to use and care for these resources. Anyone interested in continuing towards using the Recording Studio should attend this workshop.
Topics covered include:
- Basics of sound, digital recording and acoustics
- Selecting a microphone – shotgun, stereo, wireless, surround, parabolic and mid-side
- Strategies for field recording
- Introduction to wind-screens, boom-poles and related equipment
- Working with the Sound Devices 722 recorder
- Hands-on time with the equipment
- Preparation for the Recording Studio Workshop
Prerequisites: Experience working with digital audio is recommended. Basic computer skills are essential.
Registration: Limit is 6 participants per session. This workshop is open to registered:
- Fine Arts Faculty
- Fine Arts Students
To register or for any questions, please contact Douglas Moffat at email@example.com.