To access all CDA managed computers, including the video and sound edit suites, servers, etc. you must have a CDA membership ($45 per semester) and be enrolled in a Fine Arts course. All undergraduate students including RAs, TAs, etc. need to pay the fee unless you provide CDA with your contract of employment from HR. MFA students do not pay a CDA membership fee and their accounts are created automatically. Supporting the facilities helps keep the software and hardware up to date for your use.
Steps to obtain your membership online.
Please only pay in person at the bookstore if you encounter problems paying online.
****You have three weeks to ask for a refund if you payed in error and have not used the facilities****
- Go to https://stores.concordia.ca
- Log in to the site by clicking on the "log in / register" link in the top right corner and entering your MyConcordia username and password.
- Select "Fine Arts Lab Fees" under the "Supplies" dropdown menu and choose "Centre for Digital Arts".
- Select "All Semesters" under the "Fees" dropdown menu then "Add to Cart" and follow the instructions for payment.
- If your transaction is successful* (see below) your account will automatically be created or renewed. This may take a few hours.
- If you have never had a CDA account go to the "My Account" page to set your CDA password.
- Log in using your MyConcordia username and password and click on "Reset Password" then "Update".
- You should now be able to log in to any of the computers in the CDA labs and Edit Suites.
**If you have trouble or get an error when paying contact: email@example.com and they will help you.
**If your transaction fails, you can go and pay in person at the Art Supply Store J.W. McConnell (LB) Building Room LB-119
**CDA staff at the equipment depot counter (EV5770) can also help you through the process.
*Tips on getting a successful transaction
If you use a credit card, chances are very good that everything will go smoothly.
If you use a debit card (Interac) it might not work depending on your bank's online payment policies.
You should get two emails on a successful transaction. The first one will just say "Your order #MAG-XXXXXXX" but your card is not charged. After that another system takes over and tries to charge your card for your purchase. If successful you will receive another email that says "Your Invoice for order #MAG-XXXXXXX". The email that is labeled "Invoice" is key. If you receive the invoice email, then your transaction went through. If your transaction didn't go through, you might have only received the first email or will not receive anything and you might want to try another payment method. The invoice email can take up to 24 hours to be received.
Just some of the benefits
- Computer labs with fast computers and current software
- Private video and sound editing suites (bookable online)
- Free workshops (See workshop page)
- Techincal advising from professional staff
- Presentation testing and delivery in any of our computer labs and class rooms (availability permitting) including our multichannel audio equipped classroom EV 5.615
- 10GB of combined server storage space and web hosting on CDA servers (servers are not backed up)