Remote access and Online Resources
Useful information from the CDA on remote access, online resources, and software available to fine arts faculty, staff and students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please consult Concordia's COVID-19 FAQ page for all official university information
- Access the self-isolation form on the left-hand menu of the MyConcordia portal
- Concordia’s official page for teaching from home is here:
- The CDA Quicksupport application can be run from personal machines when you require assistance from CDA.
- For assistance with a remote connection, please email email@example.com
- Include your phone number where we can reach you.
- If you don't get an answer in a timely manner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- Connect to Convordia's VPN. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) will give you the same access as if your computer was connected to the Concordia Campus network. Make sure you are running version 6.05. Some services will not work with older versions.
- Guide to Zoom Teleconferencing software – Used for Virtual Meetings and Virtual Classroom
- Remote connections to your office computer can be setup for faculty and staff, VPN is required to access this functionality.
- There are a few steps to make it happen and the easiest way to start is by sending a request to email@example.com
- Please include your netname, office number, office computer type (PC/Mac) and home computer type (PC/MAC)
- Once CDA makes sure your office computer is ready to receive conections and you know its address, you can follow one of these guides to connect:
Call forwarding and voicemail
- Guide to forward calls from your office phone to your mobile or home phone, VPN is required to access this functionality.
- Remotely retrieve your voicemail - Login with Netname/password, same as MyConcordia, VPN is required to access this functionality.
Teaching and learning (students and faculty)
- Connect to the Fine Arts Curriculum Server Using FTP
This includes Class Shares, CDA Labs home folders and Project Websites
- Connect to the Fine Arts Curriculum Server through VPN
Once you connect your computer to Concordia's VPN, you can access the server the same way as if you are on campus
- Microsoft Azure Windows Virtual Desktop Labs (coming soon)
Administration and Staff
- Guide to update MAC software
Please follow this guide to make sure your machine is ready to accept remote connections
- Connect to The Department Administration File Share Server (Web)
- Microsoft Teams
Transition to Online Teaching
- Faculty: Resources *if* faculty want to put any portion of their course online or need advice about this, go to the Centre for Teaching and Learning's (CTL) transition page, updated regularly.
- Students: CTL's Transition to Learning Online page for students